Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 4 required specialisation courses, 1 open elective course plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one required specialisation course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MCL 901 Language Planning and Language Education
- MCL 902 Topics on Chinese Language and Its Teaching
- MCL 903 The Instructional Use of Children and Young Adults’ Literature in Chinese Language Teaching and Learning
- MCL 904 Chinese Literature and Culture and Its teaching
- MCL 905 Character and Citizenship Education and its Pedagogy in Singapore Primary Schools
- MCL 906 Chinese Educational Linguistics
- MCL 907 Chinese Language Curriculum Design and Instructional Materials Development
- MCL 908 Teaching of Listening and Speaking of Chinese: From Theory to Practice
- MCL 909 Teaching of Reading and Writing of Chinese: From Theory to Practice
- MCL 910 Chinese Language Testing and Assessment
- MCL 911 Application of Information and Communication Technologies in Teaching and Learning of Chinese Language
- MCL 912 Chinese-English Translation and Chinese Language Teaching: From Theory to Practice
Open Elective Courses
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Download the course descriptions for the programme
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes