NIE Director’s Address and Staff Development Day 2017
Friday, 15 September 2017
NIE held its annual Director’s Address and Staff Development Day (SDD) on 28 August 2017. The theme of this year’s SDD is Empowering Future-ready Learners.
Audience listening to Director’s Address
Director addressing the NIE community
The event began with Director Professor Tan Oon Seng’s address to the NIE community, where he spoke about the directions forward for NIE and celebrated the achievements of NIE faculty. He also announced the establishment of the Lee Sing Kong Endowment Fund to honour the late Professor Lee’s contributions to education in Singapore.
SDD activities commenced after the Director’s address, with concurrent sessions catered for academic and administrative staff.
Prof Rebecca Ang speaking at the Content Research Sharing session
A/P Chew Shit Fun presenting on her i3G research project
A/P Rajdeep Singh sharing his experience at the Content Research Sharing session
The first series of concurrent sessions featured talks on the following:
- Content Research Sharing: Identifying as well as establishing a viable and sustainable research program
- Pedagogical Development and Innovations
- Leading the Change – Future ready: You are either a Disrupter or you’ll become Disrupted
- Open House of Net Gen Learner’s Terrace
During the tea break, staff had the opportunity to browse through the poster displays showcasing the work of faculty members from the various academic groups and research centres in NIE.
OER Researchers speaking at Consolidation Panel on the 3rd Tranche Funding for Educational Research
Q&A Session during the Consolidation Panel on the 3rd Tranche Funding for Educational Research
A/P Mark Baildon speaking at the second Pedagogical Development and Innovations session
The day’s activities concluded with the second round of concurrent sessions, which featured the following talks:
- Consolidation Panel on the 3rd Tranche Funding for Educational Research
- Second session of Pedagogical Development and Innovations
- A repeat session of Open House of Net Gen Learner’s Terrace
Staff at the Open House of Net Gen Learner’s Terrace