The Office of Education Research (OER) was established on 1 April 2008 to forge an NIE-wide programme of research, development and innovation. It facilitates the governance, planning, monitoring, quality assurance and dissemination of education research across the Institute.
Another key function of OER is to administer the Education Research Funding Programme (ERFP) (2008–2012), a pool of research funds provided by the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore.
The RD&I Framework forms the basis of the research conducted at NIE. This policy-driven, evidence-based framework guides academic and research staff as they work together to improve the quality of teaching and learning in Singapore schools and to enhance NIE's standing as a leading international research institution.
OER manages the following research publications:
- Asia Pacific Journal of Education
- Pedagogies: An International Journal
- SingTeach - An e-magazine for teachers
- ReEd (Research in Education) - A research bulletin
- NIE Research Brief Series
- CJ Koh Professorial Lecture Series
- Springer Education Innovation book series
- Routledge Critical Studies in Asian Education book series
- Routledge Citizenship, Character and Values Education book series