At the Public, International and Alumni Relations (PIAR) Department, the team actively promotes the NIE brand both locally and on the international platform. In addition, we support Director, NIE and Divisional Director, Corporate Planning and Development in strategic communication with NIE’s stakeholders, such as the media, NIE alumni, visitors and partners.
Some of strategic areas PIAR handles include:
- Visitors/Hospitality - Hosting of international and local delegations, such as visits from distinguished educators from leading education institutes and education officials
- Publicity/Media relations – Communication with the media, i.e. issuance of media releases and handling media queries
- Alumni relations – Promote close relations between NIE alumni and their alma mater through strategic channels, i.e. organise alumni networking events and graduation ceremonies, updates on NIE’s latest developments and professional development courses
- Marketing Relations - Promote the image and identity of NIE through strategic communication and special projects such as corporate video, brand communication and NIE corporate website.
- Publication of NIE News and corporate brochure
- Support special projects such as NIE Directors', an annual charity run.