National Institute of Education Privacy Statement
- This is a National Institute of Education (NIE) website. Thank you for examining our privacy statement.
- If you are only browsing this website or using the ‘Search’ function, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. This site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and the page(s) requested. We do not associate IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that user sessions will be tracked, but the users will remain anonymous.
- If you choose to send an application or an e-mail that contains personally identifiable data, for us to process the application or to render you a service, we may share relevant data within NIE, NTU, or if necessary, with other public organisations or educational institutions, so as to serve you efficiently and effectively, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We may also need to disclose personal data as required by law or a court order. We will NOT share your personal data with private organisations, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific NIE services.
- For your convenience, when you are carrying out a transaction using your personally identifiable data, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied to us or to other public or private agencies that have been authorised to carry out specific NIE services. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us with the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of NIE services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security measures.
- This site may contains links to other independently run websites within the NIE network and to some sites outside the “nie.edu.sg” and “nie.sg” domain whose data protection and privacy practices may be different from ours. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement, you can contact us at NIE Information Security.