Mr Jensen Ong is currently a Teaching Fellow at the National Sciences and Science Education Academic Group (NSSE) at NIE-NTU. He had taught in both Junior (IP) and Senior High as a Physics Teacher in National Junior College. He had the opportunity to hone his craft as a beginning teacher where he worked alongside a group of experienced and passionate physics educators. Subsequently, he joined the IP department as one of the pioneer teachers where he led a group of science teachers in the design of the Integrated Science programme.
He had also served in MOE HQ as a Senior Curriculum Planning Officer in the Sciences Branch, CPDD where he looked into the design and development of the A level Physics curriculum. The short stint at CPDD provided him a helicopter view of the intricate relationship between curriculum, pedagogy and assessment at the national level. This further led him to pursue his Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction at Boston College, USA. Prior to joining NSSE, he was the Head of Department (Science) at Commonwealth Secondary School.
Master of Education (Curriculum and Instruction) 2012, Boston College, USA
- PGDE (Sec) With Credit 2002, National Institute Of Education
- BSc (Hons) Physics 2001, National University Of Singapore
- Outstanding Contribution Award (Rapsody of Colours committee), 2013
- Outstanding Contribution Award (Physics Team), 2013
- MOE, Post Graduate Scholarship, 2011
- NIE/ExxonMobil, The Caring Teacher Award, 2007
- PSC, Local Merit Scholarship (Teaching), 1994
- QCP 525
- QCS 50D
- QCS 50H
- Maker Education
- Differentiated Instruction
- Growth Mindset
- Professional Development (Inquiry as Stance)
Handbook for Teaching Secondary Physics
Lau, C.Y., Wong, D., Chew, C. M. K., & Ong, K.S (EDS.). (2011). Handbook for teaching secondary physics (PP. 137). Singapore: Ministry of Education: MOE/CPDD.