Mary has been in the education service for the past 12 years, teaching students of various developmental stages, from preschoolers to secondary school students, in the field of Speech and Drama and Home Economics. As of 1st July 2012, she joined NIE as a Teaching Fellow on secondment from MOE. Prior to this appointment she was a Home Economics Educator with St. Gabriel’s Secondary School.
Mary is interested in teacher development and the infusion of Character Development strategies in education.
- BSc in Education (Hons), 2008
- Dip HE Education (Dist), 2002
- Dip Consumer Science and Technology, 2001
- A.L.C.M (Speech & Drama Performance), 1998
- Intermediate Certificate in Child Development and Early Childhood Education, RTRC Asia, 1997
- Honorary Secretary, Association of Home Economists, Singapore (AHES)
- Caring Teacher Award, 2011 (St. Gabriel’s Secondary)
- Caring Teacher Award, 2006 (St. Anthony’s Canossian Secondary)
- CASE Prize: Best Student in Consumer Resource Management 2, 2001(Temasek Polytechnic)
- Use of Character Development teaching strategies in academic subjects to inculcate the education of values.
- Study of nutrition through the life cycle.
- Honorary Secretary, AHES (2012 – present)
- 4th NIE-AHES Home Economics Symposium Logistics IC, 2012
- Executive Committee member, AHES since 2010-2012
- 3rd NIE-AHES Home Economics Symposium Organising Committee, 2010
- 2nd NIE-AHES Home Economics Symposium Organising Committee, 2008