Advisor (ICT), Director’s Office National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore
- Chief Information Officer, Divisional Director, NIE Academic Computing and Information Services (Jul 2008 to Jun 2017)
- Deputy Divisional Director, NIE Academic Computing and Information Services (Jul 2003 to Jun 2008)
- Head, Computer Services Centre (Mar 1993 to Jun 2003)
- Manager, Disaster Recovery Centre, SCS
- Deputy Manager, Software Division, Singapore Computer System (Mar 1990 to Feb 1993)
- Software Architect & Project Manager, Computer Engineering Systems (Jul 1987 to Feb 1990)
- System Programmer, Hong Kong & Shanghai Bank (Jul 1984 to Jun 1987)
- System Programmer & Database Administrator, Singapore Computer Systems (Monetary Authority of Singapore) (Mar 1981 to Jun 1984)
Mr Tan Hoon Chiang provides advisory support to the Institute's ICT technology needs, promotes the integration of ICT and the use of e-learning technologies in NIE's curriculum under Director’s Office. Mr Tan also currently serves as a board member for the Fei Yue Family Service Centre.
Reporting directly to the Director of NIE, he is responsible for managing and providing advice in the area of information and communication technology. The primary mission is to serve the NIE community (staff and student teachers) in order to enable them to achieve the institute’s overall strategic goal of attaining excellence in teaching, research and administration.
Mr Tan is an experienced and visionary senior-level executive in the ICT industry who employs innovation through ICT to successfully launch effective business processes and high performance technology solutions to create cutting-edge advantages in today’s highly dynamic and complex business environment. With a 25-year accomplished track record, he has worked with international/multi-national corporations across both government and private sectors on local and regional platforms.
Mr Tan’s profound technical competency fused with tactical yet adaptive style allows him to formulate pragmatic ICT strategies to achieve organisational objectives. This is accomplished through his consultative and decisive management style in directing and leading a highly synergised and supportive project team. His success for transformational management establishes him as an effective and confidence communicator who is results-oriented and effective in managing strategic business partner relationships. He garnered CIO 100 awards in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2005 and 2003.
Mr Tan has ICT System Integration experience in the Banking, Education, and other commercial sectors as well as a vast regional exposure in Southeast & South Asia, USA, Singapore, Malaysia, Bhutan, China and Abu Dhabi. He has also presented key IT topics such as Cloud, Business Continuity Management and Information Security at international conferences including the World Continuity Congress Malaysia and the Asian World Summit’s Annual Information Security Summit.