Kok Siang is a senior lecturer in science and chemical education at the National Institute of Education. He was a school science/chemistry teacher since 1989 in Manjusri Secondary School where he also served as the Head of the Science Department. He then joined the NIE in 2000 to help train pre- and in-service teachers. Much earlier in his career, before joining the teaching profession, he was trained as a chemist in the pharmaceutical industry (at Glaxochem Pte Ltd, now known as GlaxoSmithKline).
- School Assessment Frameworks (including Assessment for Learning)
- Pedagogy in Affective Learning Domain (values education, 21st Century Competencies)
- Reflective pedagogy in the classroom/laboratory (workshops for teachers and reflective classroom/laboratory lessons for students)
- Teaching and learning issues on School-based Practical Assessment
- Professional reflective practice for teachers
- Normal (Technical) Science Curriculum