CIEclopedia is an online who's who database of noticeable contributors to the field of comparative and international education. By adopting an agent-centric approach to scholarship, we follow the life and works of individuals who have pitched in their share of developing a field that has evolved over decades and throughout the world. International in scope, CIEclopedia reflects the diverse membership of the field and their scholarship. The database has adopted a semi Web 2.0 philosophical approach, namely that contribution to the database, its expansion and content, are dependent on interaction with its users; leaving entries always a work-in-progress and open to change. We invite you to contribute to this novel reflection of active learners and educators in comparative and international education studies; your submissions will be a valuable service to past, present, and future generations in our field.
I am pleased to welcome you to CIEclopedia as its Editor, representing the Office of Education Research, National Institute of Education, Singapore. CIEclopedia was founded in 2006 by Sina Mossayeb (Founding Editor) at Teachers College, Columbia University, with the support of Professor Gita Steiner-Khamsi. Thanks to them and to our co-sponsors, we have this valuable resource on the human histories underlying the field of comparative and international education. During this third triennium of CIEclopedia, I envision that our database will be more universal in scope, encompassing scholars from time past and time present coming from different parts of the globe and representing diverse approaches to the field. I look forward to your active contributions.
For a technical guide on creating a profile (criteria for candidates, field requirements, etc.) please download the CIECLOPEDIA TECHNICAL GUIDE.
A to Z Listing
For a A to Z listing of our members, click here.
- Department of International and Transcultural Studies
- Comparative Education Research Centre
- Center for Comparative Education
- Faculty of Education and Social Work
Comparative and International Education Organizations:
- World Council of Comparative Education Societies
- Australian and New Zealand Comparative and International Education Society
- British Association for International & Comparative Education
- China Comparative Education Society
- Comparative Education Society - Europe
- Comparative Education Society - Hong Kong
- Comparative and International Education Society (United States)
- Comparative and International Education Society of Canada
- Japan Comparative Education Society
- Sociedad Española de Educaciõn Comparada
- Sociedade Brasileira de Educação Comparada
Comparative and International Education Sources: