The Learning Sciences Lab (LSL) in OER/NIE is looking for a Research Scientist to join their research efforts. The Lab is interested in candidates with expertise in student-generated designs, game-based learning, mobile learning, embodied cognition, educational neuroscience, learning analytics and artificial intelligence in education. Interdisciplinary interests, epistemological and methodological perspectives and expertise are valued.
Candidates with appropriate qualifications and relevant research experience are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will work with a team of faculty and researchers to methodically develop and examine a wide range of designs for learning and teaching in real ecologies, both in and out of Singapore schools.
- PhD in a relevant discipline (i.e. education neuroscience, learning analytics, design thinking, computer science and other related disciplines);
- Passion for, and a track record of, quality and high-impact research;
- Proficiency in statistical and psychometric concepts, analysis, and interpretation;
- Experience in designing and carrying out an interventionist research agenda;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment; and
- Experience working with Government stakeholders