The Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP) in OER/NIE is looking for Senior Research Scientists to join their research efforts. The Centre currently has funded baseline studies and intervention programmes and is interested in candidates with expertise in sociology of education, innovation education, values education, educational choice, transitions and pathways, and youth identity formation. Methodological preferences will be given for expertise in longitudinal (qualitative and quantitative) and ethnographic studies.
Candidates with appropriate qualifications and relevant research experience are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will collaborate with colleagues within CRPP on pre-existing research projects focusing on system studies in education, educational policies and student learning. In particular, candidates will be expected to develop and implement a programmatic field of research that will address key contemporary challenges in Singapore education and communicate sophisticated educational research to audiences including key stakeholders in the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore, and NIE/OER.
- PhD in a relevant discipline (i.e. sociology of education, innovation education, values education, civics education, character education and citizenship education);
- Minimum 5 years postdoctoral experience;
- Experience in cutting edge educational research and addressing challenges in education;
- Demonstrable track record in the following areas:
- Research leadership in a research group or center
- High quality publications (i.e. quality and impact of academic publisher, citations and ranking of journal publications etc.)
- Supervision of undergraduate and/or graduate students
- Writing of or contribution towards research proposals which are submitted for peer-reviewed funding processes
- Independence in research (i.e. senior authorship/sole authorship of high-quality publications and invited presentations at conferences);
- Attainment of funding through a competitive peer-reviewed process;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Experience working with Government stakeholders