All sections of the online application form must be completed where applicable. Do remember to check that all the information entered is correct before submission as no further changes can be made after that.
You must Upload Electronic Copies of your supporting documents via the online application system. Supporting documents, if not in English, must be accompanied by certified copies of the English translation of the documents. Processing of your application may be delayed if any of the supporting documents are missing.
Do Not send paper copies of supporting documents to the University.
A non-refundable application fee of S$21.40 (inclusive of GST) will be charged for coursework application.
The application documents require for submission are:
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph
- Image must be taken within the last 3 months.
- Photograph must be in colour and taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish.
- Image must show the full face.
- Headgear worn for religious reasons are accepted but must not hide facial features.
- National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) (front and back). If you do not have an NRIC, please provide a copy of your passport information page(s)(containing the passport number, name, etc.)
- Completed Coursework Supplementary Form
- Coursework Supplementary Form (Applicable to all Coursework programmes. To submit one Supplementary Information Form for each programme applied.)
- Degree Scrolls / Certificates (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma in Education, etc.)
- Transcripts (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma in Education, etc.). Please note that:
- A transcript of detailed academic results is required from each university or college attended. The transcript results should show marks (wherever possible) and grades obtained in each module. If the transcript is in a language other than English, please provide an official English translation as well and the modules in the translation should be listed in the same order as that of the original transcript.
- If a complete transcript is not available, please include a complete set of examination results for every semester.
- Referee Reports [applicable to MA (Applied Psychology), MA (Counselling & Guidance) and MA (Leadership and Educational Change) programmes only.]
- For applicants of MA (Applied Psychology) and MA (Counselling & Guidance), you are required to provide three referee's reports, with at least one report from an Academic referee, and the other two from Professional referees.
- For applicants of MA (Leadership and Educational Change), you are required to submit two referee's reports, with one report from an Academic referee, and the other from a Professional referee.
- Note: An Academic referee must be a faculty member who has taught you before in an academic capacity and be able to write about your academic capabilities as well as your suitability for higher education. A Professional referee must be someone in your current or former work environment who can provide information about you in terms of your professional work behaviours and capacity.
- You are required to prepare in advance and furnish the following details of your referees in the online application system:
- Name of referee
- Email Address
Please take note that you will be asked to declare in the online application system that you have obtained consent from your referees to furnish his/her personal data to NIE as part of your application to our higher degree programmes.
Upon submission of the online application, it will auto-activate an email to the respective Referee to notify them to complete an online Referee Report.
It is important to key in the correct email address for your Referee in the online application system, as changes could not be made after its submission.
Please provide your Referees with your APPLICATION NUMBER which will be assigned to you upon successful submission of the online application. Your Referees will need to use your Application Number to access the online referee report form.
- Do ask your Referee to look out for the email and complete the Referee Report within 7 days upon receipt (It is advisable to check email's junk or spam folder due to settings of individual email account). Please check with your Referees to ensure they have completed and submitted their reports to NIE timely.
- TOEFL / IELTS Score (Applicable to graduates of universities with non-English medium instruction). For more details, please click here.
Note: CET6 / TEM4 scores are only applicable to applicants of Master of Arts (Teaching Chinese as an International Language) programme.
- Other relevant Professional Certificates or examination results of relevant individual modules read, etc.