Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 2 required specialisation courses, 3 specialisation elective courses plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one open elective and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MDP 901 Social and Emotional Development and Assessment
- MDP 902 Cognitive Development and Assessment
Specialisation Elective Courses (Choose three)
- MDP 903 Counselling Children and Adolescents
- MDP 904 Motivation, Volition and Learning-in-Action
- MDP 905 Individual Differences and Learning
- MDP 906 Attitude Measurement and Personality Assessment
- MDP 907 How to Nurture Creative and Happy Learners
- MDP 908 Evaluation of Programs in Schools and Community Organizations
- MDP 909 Assessment and Development of 21st Century Competencies
- MDP 910 Theory, Research and Practice in Teaching and Learning
- MDP 911 Understanding Learner Motivation: Theory, Research and Practice
Open Elective Courses (Choose one for coursework route)
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Download the course descriptions for the programme
In line with SkillsFuture Singapore's (SSG) initiative, some of the courses in this programme can be taken as standalone modular graduate courses and accumulated into credits leading to the master’s degree.
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes