Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 3 required specialisation courses, 2 specialisation elective courses plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one open elective course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MEC 901 Child Development (0-8 years)
- MEC 902 Issues and Trends in Early Childhood Education
- MEC 903 Research Investigations in Early Childhood Education
Specialisation Elective Courses
- MEC 904 Assessment in Early Childhood Education
- MEC 905 Curriculum Design for Infants and Toddlers
- MEC 906 Curriculum Design and Development in Early Childhood Education
- MEC 907 Diversity in Early Childhood Education
- MEC 908 Early Intervention
- MEC 909 Professionalism in Early Childhood Education
- MEC 910 Pedagogy in Early Childhood Education
Open Elective Courses
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Download the course descriptions for the programme
In line with SkillsFuture Singapore's (SSG) initiative, some of the courses in this programme can be taken as standalone modular graduate courses and accumulated into credits leading to the master’s degree.
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes