Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 2 required specialisation courses, 3 specialisation elective courses plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one open elective course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MPM 901 Assessment Principles and Methods
- MPM 902 Design of Assessment Systems
Specialisation Elective Courses
- MPM 903 Measurement Theories
- MPM 904 Attitude Measurement and Personality Assessment
- MPM 905 Programme Evaluation
- MPM 906 Social and Emotional Development and Assessment
- MPM 907 Cognitive Development and Assessment
- MPM 908 Assessment and Development of 21st Century Competencies
- MPM 909 Elementary Statistics
- MPM 910 Multivariate Statistics
- MPM 911 Applied Regression Analysis
Open Elective Courses
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Download the course descriptions for the programme
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes