Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 4 required specialisation courses, 1 open elective course plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one open elective course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MHA 901 Understanding Learners with High Ability and their Affective and Moral Needs
- MHA 902 Identification of Potential and Administration of Interventions for High Ability Learners
- MHA 903 Differentiating Curriculum and Pedagogies for Learners with High Ability
- MHA 904 Critical and Creative Thinking for High Ability Learners
Open Elective Courses
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Download the course descriptions for the programme
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes