Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 2 required specialisation courses, 2 specialisation elective courses. 1 open elective course plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one open elective course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MLT 901 Foundations of the Learning Sciences
- MLT 909 Research Methodologies for the Learning Sciences
Specialisation Elective Courses
- MLT 902 Computer Supported Collaborative Learning and Knowledge Building
- MLT 903 Technologies as Cognitive Tools
- MLT 906 Design of Technology-mediated Learning Environments
- MLT 907 Neuroscience, Technology and Learning
- MLT 908 Design of Interactive Learning Environments
- MLT 910 Technological and Pedagogical Considerations for ICT Integration
- MLT 911 Instructional Leadership for Technology-mediated Learning
- MLT 912 Design for Blended Learning
- MLT 913 Technology Supported Assessment
- MLT 914 Educational Design Research
- MLT 915 Digital Game-Based Learning
Open Elective Courses
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Download the course descriptions for the programme.
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes