Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 1 required specialisation courses, 4 specialisation elective courses plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one open elective course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MME 901 Theoretical Perspectives and Issues in Mathematics Education Research
Specialisation Elective Courses
- MME 903 Using Technology in Mathematics Education
- MME 905 Assessment in Mathematics
- MME 906 Curriculum Studies in Mathematics
- MME 913 Algebra and the Teaching of Algebra
- MME 915 Geometry and the Teaching of Geometry
- MME 916 Statistics and the Teaching of Statistics
- MME 917 Problem Solving and the Teaching of Problem Solving
- MME 921 Singapore Primary School Mathematics*
- MME 922 Numbers and the Teaching of Numbers*
- MME 923 Psychology of Learning Mathematics at the Primary Level*
- MME 931 Contemporary Issues in Mathematics Education
- MME 932 International Issues in Mathematics Education
* These electives are suited for participants who have interest in mathematics education at the Primary level.
Open Elective Courses
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Download the course descriptions for the programme
In line with SkillsFuture Singapore's (SSG) initiative, one of the courses in this programme can be taken as a standalone modular graduate course and accumulated into credits leading to the master’s degree.
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes