Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 3 required specialisation courses, 1 specialisation elective course, 1 subject-related elective course plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one specialisation elective course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MPS 901 Curriculum: Theories and Issues
- MPS 902 Children Cognitive Development and Assessment
- MPS 903 Technologies as Cognitive Tools
Specialisation Elective Courses
- MPS 904 Assessment Principles and Methods
- MPS 905 Visual Arts and Creativity
- MPS 906 Drama Education, Curriculum and Assessment
- MPS 907 Popular Culture and ICT in Music Education
- MPS 908 Learning Disabilities
- MPS 909 Using Multicultural Children’s Literature to Facilitate Social and Emotional Learning among Exceptional Learner
Subject-Specific Elective Courses
Subject-specific elective course (Choose subject-specific course(s) offered in the Master of Education programme. Your selected course must be in your teaching subject in school.)
Students will have to discuss with the programme leader, Assistant Professor Hairon, on the subject-specific courses available to take.
Download the course descriptions for the programme
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes