Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 3 required specialisation courses, 2 open elective course plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one required specialisation course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MSC 901 Foundations of Science & Science Education
- MSC 902 Science Curriculum Change and Curriculum Evaluation
- MSC 903 Science as Practice
- MSC 904 Alternative Conceptions and Conceptual Change in Science Learning
- MSC 905 Science Discourse: Language, Literacy & Argumentation
- MSC 906 Representations & New Media in Science Education
- MSC 907 Critical Studies in Science Education
- MSC 908 STEM Education History, Policies, and Research Trends
- MSC 909 STEM Curriculum and Instruction
- MSC 910 Assessment in Science Education
Open Elective Courses
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Download the course descriptions for the programme
In line with SkillsFuture Singapore's (SSG) initiative, some of the courses in this programme can be taken as standalone modular graduate courses and accumulated into credits leading to the master’s degree.
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes