Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 2 required specialisation courses, 2 specialisation elective courses, 1 open elective course plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one open elective course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Required Specialisation Courses
- MSE 901 Issues and Trends in Special Education
- MSE 902 Human Development
Specialisation Elective Courses
- MSE 911 Learning Disabilities
- MSE 912 Early Intervention
- MSE 913 Curriculum Design and Development
- MSE 914 Intervention Research in Special Education
Open Elective Course
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Download the course descriptions for the programme
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes