Effective from August 2017 intake
The coursework for this specialisation comprises 1 core course, 4 required specialisation courses, 1 open elective course plus either:
- a dissertation or
- two additional courses (one open elective course and MED 902 Integrative Project)
MED 902 Integrative Project is open only for applicants pursuing the degree totally by coursework.
- MED 900 Educational Inquiry
Educational Inquiry is taught in English. All required specialisation courses are taught in the language of the specialisation.
Required Specialisation Courses
- MTL 901 Tamil Curriculum, Materials including IT: Selection and Evaluation
- MTL 902 Tamil Literature in Education
- MTL 903 Tamil Language in Education
- MTL 904 Functional Tamil Syntax
Open Elective Courses
Other than the core and specialisation courses, you may select open elective courses offered across all NIE Master Degree programmes. The offer of electives is reviewed regularly to reflect developments in education and the respective fields. You are advised to take note of the prerequisites (if any) before registering.
- MTL 905 An Introduction to Tamil History and Culture of Tamil
- MTL 906 Assessment for Tamil Language
- MTL 907 History of Singapore Tamil Education and Tamil Literature
- MTL 908 An Introduction to Sociolinguistics and Bilingualism for Tamil
Optional Specialisation Courses are offered subject to demand and availability of faculty expertise. Hence, not all specialisation courses are available for selection to every intake.
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes