It’s one of life’s simple pleasures when you are studying in Linköping University (LiU) to take time to explore the surrounding natural beauty, cultural districts and shopping therapy at leisure. Our favourites include visiting the Östergötlands museum, taking a hike in the Oak Woodland, and having fika (social time over coffee and cake) with friends.
- Old Linköping with boutiques, cafés and live museums.
- City Shopping in central Linköping with its many stores and shopping malls, such as Gränden and Filbyter.
- Tornby and I-huset Shopping Centre (with IKEA) at the outskirt of Linköping.
- The Swedish Air Force Museum (free admission).
- Östergötlands museum (free admission with student ID).
- Linköping Castle and Cathedral Museum.
- Trädgårdsföreningen, a horticultural society with a pretty garden, boule court, and ice rink.
- Tinnerö and the Oak Woodland, a nature reserve south of the city with hiking trails and birdwatching spots.
- Göta canal with its boat rides and the imposing Carl Johans lock in Bergs Slussar.
- Filmstaden movie theatre.
- Kårhuset Kollektivet, a student union building in the centre of Linköping.
- Ågatan, the happening street in the city centre, with a wide selection of restaurants and bars.
- Konsert & Kongress for concerts, theatre and events.
Linköping University (LiU) offers innovative education and boundary-crossing research. Its students are among the most desirable in the labour market and international rankings consistently place LiU as a leading global university. LiU is Sweden’s sixth university founded in 1975 and an NIE partner university for International Practicum and Semester Exchange since 2014.