The Zurich University of Teacher Education is not only one of the country’s largest teacher education institution, it’s also a great gateway to some of the best sights in Switzerland.
The Zurich University of Teacher Education (PH Zurich) has been an NIE partner university since 2013. From semester exchange programmes to international practicums, the collaborative arrangement has provided student teachers, lecturers and researchers from both sides a chance to learn from one another and to experience each other’s cultures and lifestyles.
Established in 2012, PH Zurich has some 3,600 students, in addition to 12,000 participants who enrol in its professional programmes each year. The university is known for its future-focused, science-based and practice-oriented educational studies, including pre-service and in-service teacher education. Its modern infrastructure offers an ideal environment for teaching, learning and research, while the proximity of its campus facilities promotes greater interaction and knowledge exchange among students and faculty members.
Given the university’s location next to the main railway station in the centre of Zurich, it would be entirely remised if one does not make time while at PH Zurich to check out this beautiful European city and beyond. | Read More |
What To See In Zurich
Zurich is a cultural hub and Switzerland’s most important economic centre. The bustling city also has its own lake and is flanked by wooded hills. Being in the heart of Europe, Zurich offers easy access to a great variety of experiences, including the nearby Swiss Alps for those who enjoy dramatic sceneries.
In summer, the surrounding area with its many lakes and hilly countryside is a lovely place for hiking, climbing and cycling. When the weather turns colder, a night at the opera, or a visit to the city’s beautiful theatres and museums or lively clubs and bars offer attractive alternatives.
Here’re our five top picks:
- Grossmьnster Church: A prominent landmark believed to be built on the graves of the city’s patron saints, Felix and Regula. Climb up the Karlsturm tower for breathtaking city views.
- Bahnhofstrasse: Zurich’s most exclusive shopping destination! This famous “shopping mile” connects Lake Zurich to the main railway station.
- Old Town: The historic city centre where guild houses and quaint buildings line its romantic streets and hidden corners.
- Lake Zurich: An extremely popular venue for excursions, swimming, boating, leisurely picnics along the banks of the lake, and some crisp, fresh air!
- Sechselдutenplatz: Sited near Lake Zurich, this famous town square fuses tradition with modernity. Discover legendary restaurants, insta-friendly cafes and the Zurich Opera House all within reach.
More about Zurich:
From Zurich To Switzerland And Beyond!
Switzerland is a landlocked country and home to the majestic Swiss Alps with 4,400 summits exceeding 2,000m. The magnificent landscapes are easily reachable from Zurich. Meanwhile, short trips to metropolises such as Milan, Munich and Paris are possible by public transport, whereas Rome, Berlin and London are just a 90-minute flight away.
More about Switzerland: