- Differential Equations and Mathematical Modelling
- Numerical Methods for Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations
- Computational Mathematics
- Master of Science (Mathematics for Educators) courses on Advanced Calculus and Applied Mathematics
- Inservice courses on Calculus, Differential Equations and Mathematical Modelling for Secondary and Junior College teachers
His primary interest in research encompasses mathematical modelling in various biological and medical settings (such as blood flow problems, epidemics and tumour growth), as well as numerical and computational methods for partial differential equations. He is also interested in the teaching and learning of mathematical modelling.
Short List of Selected Publications
- Ang, K.C., Differential Equations: Models and Methods, 2006, McGraw-Hill, Singapore.
- Tan, L.S. and Ang, K.C., A numerical simulation of avascular tumour growth, Australian and New Zealand Industrial and Applied Mathematics Journal, 2005, Vol 46, pp.C902-C917.
- Ang, W.T. and Ang, K.C., A dual-reciprocity boundary element solution of a generalized non-linear Schrodinger equation, Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, 2004, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 843-854.
- Ang, K.C., A simple model for a SARS epidemic, Teaching Mathematics and Its Applications, 2004, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 181-188.
- Ang, K.C. and Mazumdar, J.N., Techniques and Applications of Mathematical Modelling of Three Dimensional Blood Flow through Arterial Structures. In Computational Methods in Biophysics, Biomaterials, Biotechnology and Biomedical Systems (ed. Leondes, C.T.), 2003, Vol. 3, Chapter 1, Kluwer Academic Publishers, USA.