Dr. Edison H. Ang received his Bachelor degree in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry from Nanyang Technological University (2012), Singapore. He completed his PhD with Prof Alex Yan Qingyu at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore in 2017. After he graduated, he joined Prof Hong Liang and Prof CHUNG, Neal Tai-Shung's group at National University of Singapore as a Postdoctoral Fellow from 2016 to 2017. After that, he moved back to Nanyang Technological University and work in Prof Chew Jia Wei's group as Research Fellow from 2017 to 2019 and in the mid of 2018, he went to Prof Hinrichsen, Kai-Olaf's group as Visiting Scholar at the Technical University of Munich in Germany. Currently, he is working at the National Institute of Education/Nanyang Technological University as a Assistant Professor. He is also the Peer Reviewer of the high-impact journals like Advanced Materials, Chemical Engineering Journal, ChemSusChem, and Applied Surface Science Advances.
His current research interests combine materials science and nanotechnology approaches to develop functional nanostructures for advanced energy storage, solvent purification, catalysis and sensing applications. His research activities involve nanomaterials synthesis, surface modification, coating, arrays and thin-film fabrications, engineering of nanodefects, materials characterization and device design, as well as rationale-design of nanotechnology courses/workshops for education.
- PhD (Interdisciplinary), NTU 2017
- BSc Chemistry Hons, NTU 2012
- QSS50C/ASK10B Physical Science for Primary Science Teaching
- AAY20E Experimental Techniques in Chemistry
- AAY40C Materials Chemistry
- MLS923 Separation and Analytical Chemistry
- MLS924 Materials Chemistry
- MLS921 Critical Inquiry
- 2D nanomaterials
- Energy storage
- Membrane Technology
- Nanotechnology education
- 3D-Printing Technology for Flexible Rechargeable Batteries (COPI: Edison Ang Huixiang) (Duration: 2020-2021)
- 3D-Printed Electrode for High-Energy Rechargeable Batteries (PI: Edison Ang Huixiang) (Duration: 2021-2021)
- 3D-Printing Membrane for Industrial Wastewater Treatment (PI: Edison Ang Huixiang) (Duration: 2021-2021)
- Peer reviewer for Advanced Materials, 2020 to now
- Peer reviewer for Applied Surface Science Advances, 2020 to now
- Peer reviewer for ChemSusChem, 2020 to now.
- Peer reviewer for Chemical Engineering Journal, 2018 to now.
- Invited as Chemistry Judge for Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF), 2020.
- Invited as Chemistry Judge for Science Mentorship Programmes (SMP) Project Judging, 2019.
Conferences and Workshops
- E. H. Ang (2020, December) 12th International Congress on Membranes and Membrane Processes, Tunable affinity separation enables ultrafast solvent permeation through layered double hydroxide membranes, London, United Kingdom.